'SRAS' is an abbreviation of 'Shibaura-it Remote Access Service'. This service provides the access method to campus network from home or business trip destination via the Internet, or via Wi-Fi Access Point deployed to Campus, or via wired connection to the ethernet port at such as a PC room.
If you connect to campus network via SRAS, it is possible to use the services provided limitedly to Campus network, and also connect to PCs at laboratories.
Please refer 'What you can do with SRAS?' for details.
1. The purpose of SRAS
- Support of education and reseach.
- Support of university affairs.
2. Scope of users
- Students and faculty and staff of Shibaura Institute of Technology.
- You must assigned the SIC account.
- You must activate the SRAS service.
3. Availability period
- During the enrolled period (during employment period for faculty and staff)
- It will expire immediatly at graduation of students, or retirement of faculty or staff.
- It is not available if the account is suspended.
4. Type of service
(Virtual Private Network)
This service provides an access method to connect to campus network via the Internet.
Available types of VPN are below.
|SRAS Wired access||
This service provides an access method to connect to campus network via the ethernet port at the PC Rooms.
IP address is assigned by the DHCP. And the authentication is using telnet.
|SRAS Wireless LAN||
This service provides an access method to connect to campus network via Wi-Fi access point deployed to Campus.
The regulations of SRAS is comply with 'The network usage regulation of Center for Science Information of Shibaura Institute of Technology'.
6. Activation of SRAS
Please refer below manuals about activation and configuration for SRAS.